- Business Law
- Personal Injury
- Workers Compensation
- Contract Law
- Real Estate Development
- Insurance Fraud
Best Lawyers in Dallas – 2014
Dallas, Texas – Ajay Shah has recently been selected as D Magazine’s “Best Lawyers in Dallas” for 2014 and he will be featured in the magazine’s May issue. Ajay’s distinction includes: Best Lawyer in the Category of Tort Product & Medical Liability Litigation. D Magazine’s list of distinguished attorneys is compiled through a peer-review voting process and confirmed by the magazine staff as well as the Texas State Bar. The complete list is published in the May 2014 edition of D Magazine and is available at www.dmagazine.com.
Texas Super Lawyer
The selections for this esteemed list are made by the research team at Super Lawyers, which is a service of the Thomson Reuters, Legal division based in Eagan, MN. Each year, the research team at Super Lawyers undertakes a rigorous multi-phase selection process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, independent evaluation of candidates by the attorney-led research staff, a peer review of candidates by practice area, and a good-standing and disciplinary check.
Thomson Reuters, Legal publishes Super Lawyers magazines across the country. In addition to the magazines, Thomson Reuters, Legal publishes newspaper inserts and magazine special sections devoted to Super Lawyers. Super Lawyers reaches more than 15 million readers.
Super Lawyers was first published in 1991 by Law & Politics and was acquired by Thomson Reuters, Legal in February 2010. Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. Super Lawyers can be found online at www.superlawyers.com where lawyers can be searched by practice area and location.
State Bar of Texas
Licensed to practice law in all State Courts of Texas and admitted to practice in all Federal Courts of Texas including the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Ajay has successfully tried and defended cases in both State and Federal court and handled complex AAA arbitration proceedings.
- Earned a defense verdict on behalf of a general contractor in which the jury returned a finding of no liability in a wrongful death case.
- Negotiated a settlement on very favorable terms for a general contractor in a lawsuit involving the improper design and construction of a public library.
- Successfully overturned a default judgment entered against an out-of-state client for damages exceeding $500,000.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement on behalf of an asphalt subcontractor in a lawsuit involving serious personal injuries.
- Won a defense verdict for the Dallas Police Department in a trial involving excessive force in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas.
- Argued and won a summary judgment for a roofing contractor in a premises liability case.
- State Bar of Texas
Dallas Bar Association
Honors and Recognition
- Named as a Texas Super Lawyer by Texas Monthly 2005
Southern Methodist University, Juris Doctor, 1996
Baylor University, Bachelor of Arts, Foreign Service, 1993
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Published article on The Impact of Discovery in the Age of Electronic Communications at the 25th Annual Legal Tech Conference, Los Angeles
- Presented article on The Admissibility of Evidence in Auto Accident Cases in Texas for a large insurance company, August 2008
Civic and Volunteerism
- Involved in the Livestrong Foundation
Admitted to Practice
U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit